It feels like summer came early this year, and its predicted to be a hot one. So here are 3 healthy cool treats for kids this summer.
- Bamboo skewers
- 1 x punnet of strawberries (cut strawberries in half)
- ¼ x rockmelon cubed
- ½ x pineapple cubed
- Green seedless grapes
- 1 x punnet of blueberries
- Red flame seedless grapes
Thread the fruit onto the skewers so that it makes a rainbow effect Red/Orange/Yellow/Green/Blue/Purple
Fruit Candy Cane
This one is great for the kids breakfast on Christmas Morning.
- 1 x banana
- 3 x strawberries sliced
Super cool fun and healthy too!
- 1 kiwi, peeled & sliced
- 1 peach or nectarine, diced small (fresh)
- 3 cups watermelon puree (fresh & ideally the seedless variety)
- ½ cup chopped strawberries (fresh)
- ½ cup blueberries (fresh)
- 1 handful of chopped pitted cherries (fresh)
Cut the watermelon into chunks. Add to the blender until it’s smooth and set aside.
You’ll need around a dozen popsicle moulds (amount needed will vary depending on the size of the moulds). Add to chopped fresh fruit to the moulds, then pour the watermelon puree into each mould until full.
Finally, pop a popsicle stick into each mould, then place in the freezer for approximately 6 to 8 hrs.
Once frozen and ready to enjoy, just run the moulds under warm water for a moment to make then easy to pull out. Yum!