Looking for tips and tricks to stay on top of your Daikin air conditioner maintenance? With some simple and regular maintenance, your Daikin air conditioner will give you many years of energy-efficient, cool and clean air for your home or workplace.
Daikin air conditioners are already one of the most innovative and energy-efficient air conditioner ranges on the market and with a little bit of regular maintenance, you’ll experience cooler air and lower running costs all summer long.
Read on to discover some of the easiest tips to follow for maintaining your Daikin air conditioner:
- cleaning the filter
- cleaning the cooling fan
- cleaning and maintaining the exterior of the air conditioning unit
- starting your Daikin air conditioner again after a long break
- shutting your Daikin air conditioner down after summer. qw
Top three reasons to maintain your Daikin air conditioner
It’s easy to forget about maintaining your air conditioning system once it’s installed and running. It quickly becomes an appliance that you take for granted and assume will work just fine every time you turn it on. Regular maintenance of your Daikin air conditioner will not only help to prevent and minimise any problems later down the track, but it also has some other big payoffs:
- less electricity consumption = lower power bills
- cooler and cleaner air
- lower maintenance costs in the long run.
When the filter of your Daikin air conditioner becomes blocked or obstructed, the intake of air into the air conditioning unit decreases, pushing power consumption up to compensate. Regular cleaning of the filter keeps the air flowing smoothly and freely through the unit, keeping electricity use to a minimum.
For maximum energy efficiency over the hot summer months, clean your Daikin air conditioner filter every two weeks. Some Daikin air conditioner models have an automatic cleaning function that can be used instead.
If your Daikin air conditioner doesn’t have automatic cleaning, here’s how to clean your filter:
- Carefully use your vacuum cleaner to remove dust from the filter or wash the filter if heavily soiled in warm, but not hot, water with a small amount of natural detergent. Never use hot water when cleaning the filter.
- Dry the filter away from direct sunlight.
Replace the air purifying filter every three years and wash in water every six months.
Cleaning the filters of your Daikin air conditioner is quick and easy to do and it will make a noticeable difference to your electricity consumption. To ensure that you remember to clean the filter regularly, write a reminder in your diary or set a recurring alarm in your phone or computer desktop calendar.
Regular cleaning of your Daikin air conditioner cooling fan, also known as the heat exchanger, helps to keep energy consumption low.
The cooling fan is located in the back of your Daikin air conditioning unit. At the start of summer, check that the fan is clean. If you notice any dirt on the fan, contact a Daikin authorised specialist.
Daikin air conditioner exterior maintenance
These quick and easy cleaning tips will help to ensure that your Daikin air conditioner continues to look as good as when it was first installed.
Clean the air outlet and exterior with a soft cloth. If there is any soiling or a build up of dust use warm water with a small amount of natural detergent. Dry with a soft cloth.
To clean the front panel of your Daikin air conditioner:
- remove the panel, holding firmly to prevent it falling
- wash in warm water with a soft cloth
- reattach the front panel.
Do not use harsh or abrasive cleaning agents, cloths or sponges to the clean the exterior unit of your Daikin air conditioner. Never use hot water, always use warm soapy water for cleaning.
Starting your Daikin air conditioner up after a long break
When you’re ready to turn on your air conditioner at the start of summer, these Daikin air conditioner maintenance tips will help to ensure that you can enjoy trouble-free cool and clean air throughout the hot and humid Brisbane summer.
- Check the air inlet and outlet to ensure that they aren’t blocked and remove any blockages.
- Clean the filter.
- Check the cooling fan in the rear of the unit and call a Daikin authorised specialist if visibly dirty.
Shutting your Daikin air conditioner down at the end of summer
At the end of summer or before you leave for a holiday, ensure that you shut your Daikin air conditioner properly to save power and prevent problems when you start it back up again.
- Turn on the Fan Operation for 12 hours before shutting down in order to dry the Daikin air conditioner system out completely.
- Cut off the power supply. Always turn off your Daikin air conditioner at the main power supply when it will be out of use for any period of time. This prevents the unit from using electricity when it’s not operating. When the unit is turned off at the main power supply, the display on the remote will disappear.
Enjoy big power savings with these Daikin air conditioner maintenance tips
Following these tips and tricks to maintain your Daikin air conditioner is a simple but effective way to enjoy better quality and cooler air for less all summer long. A well-maintained air conditioner is better for your power bills and also better for the environment and, with these simple tips, maintenance is quick and easy to do. Remember:
- Clean the filter every two weeks when in use over summer.
- Change the air-purifying filter every three years and wash every six months.
- Check the cooling fan or heat exchanger in the back of the unit and call a Daikin authorised specialist if dirty.
- Clean the exterior of the unit at the start and end of summer.
- Follow the recommendations to maintain your Daikin air conditioner when turning on after a long break and before shutting down for any length of time.
Contacting a Daikin specialist dealer in Brisbane or Sunshine Coast
Daikin air conditioners are available to suit every home and workplace. Crown Power is the leading Daikin specialist dealer for Brisbane, Gold Coast and the Sunshine Coast. They provide a range of innovative air conditioning solutions tailored to your home or business.
Crown Power can help with Daikin air conditioner maintenance, sales and service throughout Brisbane and the Sunshine Coast. For a quote on sales or service for an energy-efficient Daikin air conditioner, call Crown Power on 0427 175 654.